Friday, February 24, 2012

How To Lose Weight Without Excessive Hunger

ByTim Bransford

Expert Author Tim Bransford

You've probably heard that the right way to lose weight is to "eat less and exercise more." Sounds right, but is it? I've lost over 72 pounds without excessive hunger. I've learned that what I eat is more important than how much.

I've been obese most of my life. I used to think that I was doomed to be fat for the rest of my life. I was eating and exercising based on a flawed model, however. I was taught in grade school to eat according to the USDA food pyramid. Here is the servings breakdown:
Fats, Oils, and Sweets - Use sparingly.Milk, Yogurt, Cheese - 2 or 3 servings.Fish, Poultry, Eggs, Beans, Nuts - 2 or 3 servings.Vegetables - 3 to 5 servings.Fruits - 2 to 4 servings.Bread, Cereal, Rice, and Pasta - 6 to 11 servings.

This was my government's recommendation. Even though I would try to eat the minimum number of servings, this diet didn't work for me. For simplicity and to illustrate what happened let's assume I ate one good food for each category and then figure the total macro-nutrient content (in grams).
Fats 0 Fat 0 Carbohydrate 0 ProteinSkim Milk 0 Fat 24 Carbohydrate 17 ProteinSkin-less Chicken Breast 6 Fat 0 Carbohydrate 33 ProteinBroccoli 1 Fat 11 Carbohydrate 4 ProteinApple 1 Fat 41 Carbohydrate 1 ProteinWhole Wheat Bread 9 Fat 120 Carbohydrate 30 Protein

This adds up to 17 grams of fat, 196 grams of carbohydrates, and 85 grams of protein. Converting this to calories totals to:
Fat 153 caloriesCarbohydrates 784 caloriesProtein 340 caloriesTotal 1277 calories

The heart of the problem with this diet is that it is based on the consumption of carbohydrates. Our bodies burn fat by default. When we eat carbohydrates our blood sugar level goes up. Our bodies release insulin to deal with this increase. Insulin, in an effort to return our bodies to normal, signals our bodies to do two things:
Burn carbohydrates instead of fat.Convert carbohydrates into fat.

When we eat a diet that is based primarily in carbohydrate consumption insulin levels can stay high. High insulin levels make us hungry and weaker when the sugar is used up. This isn't normal.

Eating this way made me hungry. I would end up losing weight on this diet but found it to be a constant struggle. I would eventually give up gain the weight back and feel like a failure. The failure was in the plan.

I now eat a diet that is low in carbohydrates. My insulin levels stay low so I eat less because I'm not as hungry. This allows me to maintain a lifestyle of natural weight loss. You can find out more about how this has worked for me here.

Tim Bransford Yorktown, VA
Independent Team Beachbody Coach
I spent years being obese. I was a prisoner in my own body. I discovered a system that allowed me to lose over 72 pounds. Now I help others to do the same. This is simple, it works, and its not a fad. Go to The Big Fat Blog to discover my weight loss secrets.

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tim_Bransford

Did you find this article helpful?00Get Involved0 commentsSuggest a topicArticle ToolsPrint this articleE-mail to a friendEzinePublisherReport this articleCite this articleStay InformedGet notified by email when new articles are added to this category or written by this author.Subscribe to New Article Alerts:

Health and Fitness: Weight-Loss
Tim Bransford

Email Address:SubscribeWeight Loss Article FeedFind More ArticlesSearchSimilar ArticlesThe Whole Truth About Losing Weight With Calorie ShiftingLose Weight With Calorie Controlled DietsFat Loss 4 Idiots Diet Tips - 3 Super Quick Shortcuts to Help You Lose Weight With Calorie ShiftingLose Weight With CaloriesLose Weight With Calorie ShiftingChange Your Metabolism & Lose Weight With Calorie ShiftingLose Weight With Calorie CyclingLose Weight with Calories - Steps to Secure Desired CaloriesDiscover How To Lose Weight With The Right Amount Of CaloriesCan You Lose Weight With Calorie Shifting?Recent Articles6 Little Known Ways for Quick Weight LossWake Up Slimmer - Burn More Fat While You're SleepingKeep Your New Year's Resolution to Lose Weight With the Paleo Diet CookbookWhat to Do When You Have Little to No TimeLosing Problem Area Fat - "The Obvious Secret"Not All Fat Is Your EnemyTop Five Lazy Ways To Lose Weight That Really WorkA Quick Detox for Weight LossHow Much Working Out Is Enough to Lose Weight?Weight Loss Made Easy In 9 Simple StepsSubmitted On January 22, 2012. Viewed 5 times. Word count: 468.

Important Disclaimer: Articles provided are for general information purposes only and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychological, tax, accounting, legal, investment, or any other professional advice. EzineArticles.com expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed by any of our members or anywhere else within the site. Lastly, EzineArticles.com does not endorse any article. Use at your own risk.

MLA Style Citation:
Bransford, Tim".".22 Jan. 2012EzineArticles.com.27 Jan. 2012 .APA Style Citation:
Bransford, T. (2012, January 22). . Retrieved January 27, 2012, from http://ezinearticles.com/?How-­To-­Lose-­Weight-­Without-­Excessive-­Hunger&id=6833023Chicago Style Citation:
Bransford, Tim "." EzineArticles.com. http://ezinearticles.com/?How-­To-­Lose-­Weight-­Without-­Excessive-­Hunger&id=6833023EzineArticles.com© 2012 EzineArticles.com
All Rights Reserved Worldwide

About UsFAQContact UsMember BenefitsPrivacy PolicyShopSite MapBlogTrainingVideo ArchiveAdvertisingAffiliatesCartoonsAuthorsSubmit ArticlesMembers LoginPremium MembershipExpert AuthorsEndorsementsEditorial GuidelinesTerms of ServicePublishersFollow UsTerms Of ServiceEzines / Email AlertsManage SubscriptionsEzineArticles RSS

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment