Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blood Type Diet

" src="/images/blood-type-diet.jpg" /> by: Casey L., staff writerPrint Article Print Print Article BookmarkTwitter  RSS What is the ?

The generated popularity in early 2000 from a various books released by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo and is based on looking at how different foods effect the main blood types in humans and how those effects translate to positive and negative health.

What are the Different Blood Types?

The various blood types in humans are type 0, A, B, and AB. What the various types means is that if you are Blood Type A, then your have Type A antigen(s) on your cells. An Antigen is basically a chemical marketer that is found on the cells of our bodies which are used to initiate the production of antibodies. A blood type of “0” does not contain an antigen on the cell.

How Does Your Blood Type Have an Effect on Your Body Based on What You Eat?

When we eat foods, our bodies process the foods by creating a chemical reaction to help break down the food for digestion. Within the food are proteins called, Lectins, that have sticking properties that affect the blood. If you were to eat something that didn't agree with your bodies blood, the Lectins basically attach to organs and in a very basic sense cause sticking which in turn can irritate and interfere with processes such as insulin production, metabolism, hormonal balance, digestion, and more. All of these processes, of course, are factors that can cause issues with weight and health.

How Does this All Fit with the ?

By eating foods that do not present negative impacts on the blood, depending on your blood type, you can give yourself a step forwarding in healing current ailments and weight issues. From the thousands of positive responses to the and from my own personal experience we know this can be the case.

Let's Take My Test of the for Example:

A number of years ago I was given a book to read by a friend which was based on the . I read through the book and I thought a lot of what was said made sense so I decided to give it a try and see if I noticed any differences. I walked down to the closest medical lab near me (I happen to live a 5 minute walk from one) and paid $15 to get my blood type taken. If you have ever donated blood, the place you donated from will have your blood type on file or you can ask your doctor where they recommend you get your blood taken to determine your blood type.

I have type O blood and according to the here is a very small list of things I should be eating and things I should be avoiding (this is a small list, I'll providea link at the end of the article to learn more):

Eat: beef, lamb, salmon, yellowtail, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, brown rice, kale, onions, romaine lettuce, plums, turmeric, seltzer water

Avoid: pork, catfish, most cheeses and dairy, corn oil, peanuts, lentils, wheat and breads, corn, olives, strawberries, oranges, cinnamon, coffee

As you can see I just gave a very brief overview of some common foods to eat and avoid... there are a large number of foods on both lists as well as a large neutral list for each blood type.

Let's flash back one month prior to me starting the . I have had perfect vision ever since I was young but recently I noticed my vision was getting slower. I'll explain what I mean by slower... I went to the eye doctor because I noticed that when I rapidly turned my head to the side there was a slight blur, kind of like a delay in having my vision catch up to my head movement. The doctor said he was very surprised that I noticed this blur and it was just a part of aging. I was told as one gets out of their teens, their eye sight starts diminishing and as you get older this blur will become more pronounced over time. So, of course, I thought no big deal, I will just live with it since it really does not effect any part of my life. One week into the I was sitting at my desk working and I couldn't quite put my finger on it but something was different about me. It took me two whole days to realize that the blur I had been noticing for the past year had gone away... completely gone.

So, what changed in my diet to make this go away. I really only changed a few things on the from my normal food diet (I was almost on it with my normal food diet). The big factor for me was wheat. Eliminating gluten was the key for me which is part of the Type O diet plan. It was actually quite easy to eliminate gluten. It has been many years now since I went gluten free but since gluten free is so popular these days, it is even easier to maintain a gluten free lifestyle. This is in no means an advertisement for you to go gluten free, but it does show that eliminating a food that could have possible negative effects on your body could be something you eat every day and never knew it.

One month after going on the I had my annual physical and explained to my regular doctor about the diet and my experience with it. My doctor explained the diet like this, “The is basically an elimination diet for most people and in your case you only needed to eliminate a few foods to be on it. There are two ways to do the and that is to follow it exactly as written and eliminate all the foods on the negative list or take the basic elimination diet approach and eliminate one (1) food that is on the negative side at a time, wait a little while and see if you notice changes, then move onto the next food. You may find that only 1 food item effects you to the degree that change happens.”

Regardless of going all in with the or taking a standard Elimination Diet approach, if you are considering the , I would highly recommend that you present the diet to your health care professional and see what they think about it. They may already have experience with the diet and can provide a detailed path depending on your body type and goals. When I did the diet I had no clear goal in mind, I just wanted to see if anything changed and fortunately for me I had a change I never expected.

Tip: If you read one of the books about the , make sure you use the charts provided on the website and not necessarily in the books. The website is updated far more often and foods can get moved from the good side to bad side as they research each food.

Encyclopedia Listed By Food Type:
http://www.dadamo.com/typebase4/typeindexer.htm

Sources:
Cook Right 4 Your Type – Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo 1999
Dadamo - http://www.dadamo.com/



Recent ArticlesHow Many Carbs Per Day Do We Really NeedHow Many Carbs Per Day Do We Really NeedFind out how many carbs per day we need to help fuel our bodies.How Many Calories in an Egg and Are Eggs...How Many Calories in an Egg and Are Eggs...Are eggs healthy or high risk? Find out how many calories in an egg.How Much Sugar Per Day?How Much Sugar Per Day?Learn how much sugar per day and the health risks associated with overuse.Calorie Burn CalculatorCalorie Burn CalculatorFind out how many calories you burn with our calorie burn calculator.What is the and is it Right for Me?Related TopicsDiet, Health, Weight LossRelated TagsBlood Type, Diet, Weight LossSupport Juicing for Weight Loss - Get the Word Out!

Print Article Printable Article

Print Article Bookmark Article

Permalink to this Article:
http://www.juicingforweightloss.com/health/blood-type-diet

Embed Article Link: (copy HTML code below):

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Advertise on Juicing for Weight Loss
Recent ArticlesHow Many Carbs Per Day Do We Really NeedHow Many Carbs Per Day Do We Really NeedFind out how many carbs per day we need to help fuel our bodies.How Many Calories in an Egg and Are Eggs...How Many Calories in an Egg and Are Eggs...Are eggs healthy or high risk? Find out how many calories in an egg.How Much Sugar Per Day?How Much Sugar Per Day?Learn how much sugar per day and the health risks associated with overuse.Calorie Burn CalculatorCalorie Burn CalculatorFind out how many calories you burn with our calorie burn calculator.What is the and is it Right for Me?How Much Should I Weigh for My HeightHow Much Should I Weigh for My HeightFind out How Much Should I Weigh for My Height using our easy to read Height Wei...Height Weight ChartHeight Weight ChartSee where your body type falls on the Height Weight Chart.Body Fat CalculatorBody Fat CalculatorLearn more about the various ways to calculate your body fat. TOP
:: GENERAL LINKSHOME
SITEMAP
CONTACT US
PRIVACY
TERMS/DISCLAIMER
ADVERTISE WITH US:: JUICING SECTIONSJUICING RECIPES
SMOOTHIE RECIPES
WEIGHT LOSS/HEALTH
CALORIES
BLOG
SHOP
NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
copyright © 2012 JuicingforWeightLoss.com, all rights reserved* All brand names and trademarks are the property of their respective holders and while we make reference and link to brand names and associations we are in no way endorsed by or associated with these companies. Any Medical Association, Brand Name logos, or links are for general reference only. Information on this website is not a substitute for the advice of a qualified health professional and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This website is intended for educational purpose only and is in no way intended to substitute for professional medical advice, contradict medical advice given, or for medical care of any kind. Please see our Disclaimer.

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment